Mission: Why do you need a Mission Statement?
– Establishes the general direction the company intends to take.
– Details what your company does and explains to people outside of your company why your business exists.
– Your mission statement drives the company.
– It is what you do/the core of the business, and from it come the objectives and finally, what it takes to reach those objectives. It also shapes your company’s culture.
Vision: Why do you need a Vision Statement?
– A general condition that we want to exist in the future – not specific but can be detailed – concretely defined span a shorter time period.
– Describes the direction your company is headed in and what your company stands for and aims to be.
– Your vision statement gives the company direction.
– It is the future of the business, which then provides the purpose.
– The vision statement is about what you want to become. It’s aspirational.
Primary Target market. The focus of your sales and marketing efforts.
– This is your main consuming group. The most important purchasers and users of your product – the mainstay of your business.
Positioning / Differentiators: Why should your prospects buy from you?
– By positioning, you create an image in the minds of the target market, establishing the desired perception of your product/service relative to the competition.
Objectives: Are what you want to accomplish: An objective has three characteristics:
– It is specific – should focus on one singular goal.
– It is measurable – the results must be quantified.
– It has a specific time period – should take no longer than one year to complete.
Strategies: How to achieve your objectives:
– Strategy is how to achieve an objective, goal (or even a mission). It is a thoughtfully constructed plan or method or action that will be employed to achieve the result. They are how you will accomplish your objectives.
Tactics – Your deliverables – it is what you do to solve your customers problems.
– Tactics are devices or actions taken to achieve a larger purpose. They are also a what, not a how, but they are on a smaller scale than an execution.
Execution: The key to successfully implementing your plan.
– Where the rubber meets the road. Executions are what is done to deliver on or coordinate a strategy. They are definitely a what, not a how.
Schedule a Free Initial consultation
Tony Picciano is the founder of Top Sales Success Group. TSS is the result of the unique experience and lifelong ambition of Tony. For over forty years, Tony has worked in sales and sales management with a wide range of businesses from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Tony is not only a sales expert, but also a marketing practitioner with expertise in strategic planning, new product development, new business launches, and collateral material development.