Are you a growth-oriented company, seeking exponential sales increases….and want to get out of the “stagnant sales rut?” If so – How are you going to do it? What is your plan?
First, questions that require answering:
- Can your current sales team achieve exponential sales results? Think hard……
- Do they have the ability? Desire? Skill set?
- Have they been trained professionally?
- Are they hunters or account managers?
- How will you set up your team to achieve exponential sales increases?
- “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity.
- So…what is your plan?
- Here are my thoughts:
- Step 1: Assess your current team. A great sales assessment tool that I use is: SalesIQ –https://topsalessuccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SALES-IQ-PLUS-SALES-SAMPLE-REPORT.pdf This will give you a skill set baseline and I believe that sales training should focus on the areas that need improvement to achieve exponential results. There are individual reports and a team report.
- Step 2: DISC assessment – benchmark off your best performers. Great hiring tool. https://topsalessuccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DISC-SALES-SAMPLE-REPORT.pdf
- Step 3: Take the results of the above assessments and formulate a training plan.
- Step 4: Training program should be custom to your needs and industry. Real solutions – the trainer needs to work in the field with the team as well as classroom work. (Don’t waste time on cookie cutter franchise programs that are solutions looking for a problem – that do not have an implementation plan).
- Step 5: Implementation and reinforcement is key. Keep in mind that 80% of training does not stick*…you must have a disciplined implementation plan that continually reinforces winning behavior. Training is a PROCESS. NOT an EVENT! *Ebbinghaus’ Forgetting Curve
My growth-oriented clients turn to me when:
- Sick and tired of the status quo.
- Frustrated with stagnant or incremental sales increases and are looking to grow sales exponentially.
- Concerned that their sales team cannot answer these key customer questions:
- What are your differentiators?
- Why should I buy from you?
- And – So What!?
If you and your team are ready to roll up their sleeves and work hard – contact me for a free consultation.
My calendar is filling up….